Instagram @lifestyleofadreamerblog

Teen Vogue X Parsons: Productions Standards Assignment







For one of my assignments for my Teen Vogue X Parsons certification program I had to go to a store on a research trip. Basically what I had to do was try on a bunch of different clothing items and experiment with fit. So I went to Target. I have always loved shopping at Target and it seems like their clothing is becoming cuter and cuter every season. I tried on a number of different clothing pieces but I wanted to focus my assignment more on jeans. I have always had a hard time finding the perfect pair of jeans because of my short height. There never seems to be a pair that fits well length wise. Ideally I love wearing high waisted skinny jeans, well that's basically all I wear so that narrows down my search even more. The Mossimo brand of denim fit the best out of the ones I tried on. I tried on a light distressed boyfriend jean, a medium wash high waisted skinny jean, and a pair of white high waisted skinny jeans. And for fun, I tried on this cute striped dress that I am loving. The fit runs a little bigger so I had to size down from what I normally wear. 

In terms of what fit and what didn't, the pants I tried on that were my normal size fit well. Although the length was much longer, around the waist still fit fine. Other pants, if I tried a size bigger were very long and didn't fit well in the hip area. If I tried on a smaller size than I normally wear, they would not button, but the length was a bit better. I am usually around the same size when it comes to different brands. But sometimes, depending on the brand, I either need to size up or down depending on where I am shopping. 

Comments

Popular Posts