Instagram @lifestyleofadreamerblog

Teen Vogue X Parsons: Understanding Fashion Production


Another course done! I've been working on the third course of the Teen Vogue X Parsons certification program and I finally finished this one. To be honest, this one was a bit harder for me than the other ones I have completed. I think it was because I was a bit unfamiliar with this aspect of the fashion industry and it took me a little bit more time to get through the assignments. In this course, I learned about key aspects of the industry that involve the overall production of garments and accessory pieces. As always, there are numerous instructional and educational videos in this course that will help you to better understand fashion production. You'll learn about the life cycle of a garment starting from the overall idea and finishing in the retail store, the importance of a business plan, creating sample pieces, the role of a "fit model", working with factories, and much much more! The assignments consisted of hands on projects that go in more depth and play off of the instructional videos you watch. I did things like created a production costs analysis, went to a store and tried on different sizes to learn more about fit, used a "fit model" to correct an ill fitting garment, created a mockup handbag and a final product, as well as going to a fabric store, feeling the different types of fabric, and then creating a fabric board based off of a mood board I created. This was not the easiest course for me to complete. But thankfully, I found inspiration and ideas on the gallery of other students work to get a better idea of what was expected of me for each assignment. 

Don'f forget, there are more updates coming your way as I complete each course! Just two more to go!
Attention: If you'd like to sign up for this program click here: http://ssqt.co/m5cBxk2
And you can enjoy $50 off when you sign up using this discount code: GIOVANNA2
Thanks and hope you enjoyed!:) 

Comments

Popular Posts