Instagram @lifestyleofadreamerblog

Teen Vogue X Parsons: Thinking Like A Designer


Here again with another update on my Teen Vogue X Parsons Fashion Essentials Certification program experience. I have finished the second course, Thinking Like A Designer. So I could already tell before even starting this course that it was going to be a challenge for me. I am by no means a "designer". As a kid, I would always say I wanted to be a fashion designer, but as I got older I quickly realized I couldn't sew! Yes, it's fun to sketch (also something I can't do lol!) out different designs and create your own pieces, but actually making them and bringing them to life is a whole other story. 

Anyway, this course definitely taught me a lot. The whole design aspect of fashion is something everyone in the industry should know about. Now I am not saying everyone NEEDS to know how to sew, but to at least be aware of the process that goes into designing. Like the other course, there are plenty of instructional videos from the great people at Teen Vogue and Parsons. For assignments, I started with creating a Pinterest board as inspiration then moving onto things like creating sketches and the hardest part, constructing a blouse (UGH!) Many of you, if you are like me, get worried at the thought of actually having to make a shirt. But no worries, there are so many instructional videos out there that can assist you in the process. And if you don't own a sewing machine or don't know how to sew, there are some other options for you. I can tell you that it was not easy for me, especially being someone with basically no sewing skills. I took a few sewing classes when I was younger, but not enough for me to be comfortable with the whole idea of making something from scratch. Needless to say, I have to work on my sewing skills lol! Also in this course, you will be able to learn some key vocabulary that are necessary to know in the industry. 

You'll also get to hear from a few designers and their process. I also loved hearing from industry professionals as they took us through a day in their life. It really helped me to get a better idea of what some careers entail. As of now, I am still very interested in doing something like styling, working with visuals, photography, blogging (of course), and even something like a social media coordinator or content creator. All in all, this course definitely helped me to step outside my comfort zone and I learned about a whole other side of fashion. 


Stay tuned for more as I take you through my Teen Vogue X Parsons Fashion Industry Essentials Certification process!! 
ATTENTION: If you'd like $50 off please use code GIOVANNA2
Or for more info go to: http://ssqt.co/m5cBxk2

Comments

Popular Posts