Instagram @lifestyleofadreamerblog

Teen Vogue X Parsons: My Audience Assignment





Tracking my social media and online presence is not hard when you have the right tools. Luckily, with Blogger, Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, and Bloglovin' it is very easy to track who is liking my posts, who has visited my blog, how many people have saved my images, and so on. Tracking is also very organized, so I can track based on the time of day, individual day, week, month, even year.
For my blog, I use Blogger to track things like how many people visit my page, how many comments I receive, where people are from who visit my page, what they are using to view my blog, and much more. 
For my Instagram, I use the built-in insights tracker. This makes it so easy to see how many likes and comments I get, how many impressions the photo receives, the amount of people I have reached, how many people have engaged with the photo, and how many have saved it. 
For my Pinterest, I also use their built-in tracking. You can find how many people have saved that photo, how many people have pinned it, etc. 
For Bloglovin', I receive notifications on who likes my posts, who follows me, any comments made, etc. 
For my blog's Facebook page, I am also able to track the page's insights. For example, I can track likes, reach, engagement, followers, etc on a weekly basis. 

I typically track my social media accounts on a daily basis or much more often if I post something that day. Since it is so easy, I can check on things and see who is reacting to my posts in little time. Tracking my social media helps me to learn more about my followers and target audience. If I get lots of interaction and engagement with a specific photo I post, then I know that my audience would like to see more content similar to that one. If I am not receiving much interaction with a post, then I'll know not to post much like that. Even though I don't get large amounts of likes, comments, interaction, and so on, I am still learning and experimenting with what to post and what not to post!

So far, I have noticed that my audience is varied. I reach a lot of women who are around my age and who also like the same things as me. I also reach a lot of mothers, and occasionally I reach some males. On Instagram, I use a lot of hashtags that are relevant to my posts, which helps it to get a bigger reach. But, especially with Instagram I can go to the pages of people who have liked my picture which makes it much more personal. I do a number of things to get more interactions on my social media accounts. I like to "like" a lot of pictures, follow and follow back a good amount of people, especially those who have similar interests as me. 

Thanks! 

Comments

Popular Posts