Instagram @lifestyleofadreamerblog

Fall 2017 Fashion: What You Need In Your Closet




Before every season, I love to be on the look out on what is going to be a hit on the fashion scene in the upcoming season. So with Fall approaching us, it's the perfect time to start planning ahead and getting an idea of what you should have in your closet if you wanna keep up with the trends! This Fall is going to be a great one, it's my favorite season when it comes to clothing and fashion. 

Wine Colored Anything-  If you can get your hands on anything that has a shade of wine, then you are one step ahead! As you can tell from my collage, I've added a deep maroon colored leather jacket with some great hardware and an awesome red and blue striped long sleeved top. Those pieces will be perfect to style with denim! I think shades of wine are very mature and bold. So don't be afraid to wear these great shades, they will make your Fall fashion game strong!

Tie Front Detail- This trend dominated the NYFW runways and I'm here to show you it can still be a great look in your every day street style! I particularly love this gray plaid tie front skirt. So chic and so professional! You can wear it casually by wearing it with a simple top and booties, or you can add some layering to it! I love the simplicity of it, but if definitely still makes a statement!

Coats &Vests-A Fall season can never go by without some killer coats and vests! Isn't that what Fall is all about, LAYERING! I picked out a few awesome coats and jackets that I think will be great for this season! I especially love the look of a belted closure! Be sure to grab yourself a few coat/vest options in various colors like greens, grays, camels, and black! And to make your look more edgy, grab a killer leather/suede moto jacket. They look great when layered with a sweater!

Denim/Patchwork- I don't know about you, but I have been seeing a lot of patchwork details on denim. It really adds to rather simple jeans and makes it a bit more edgy. Having medium-dark washes of denim in your fall wardrobe is key! I can never get enough of denim no matter what season it is.

Plaid & Stripes- Do I even have to mention stripes and plaid! Whether you pair yours with denim, suede, or leggings, its a great fall look. I love plaid and I love stripes even more, they look great no matter if you are dressing up or dressing down. It's especially fun to mix plaid and stripes with other prints and patterns, doing that will give your look a sense of edginess. 

Off-the-Shoulder-So this trend is definitely going to carry over to the Fall months, and I am perfectly fine with that! OTS sweaters seem cute, but once it gets really cold, I think I'm going to opt out of wearing these, but the thought of it is cute! Anyway, for Fall I think it's great to have tops that are a statement, meaning they are on trend and practical too. The blue top at the upper left is a perfect piece. I love something like that because it's easy to layer. It can get colder in the mornings and warm up by noon time, so something like this is a great piece to have for Fall. I've also been seeing lots of one-shoulder pieces as well. So be on the look out for those statement tops!

Statement Sleeves- This whole trend reemerged around the end of winter last year and I have to say, I really love it. The statement sleeve has a bit of a vintage-y look to it, especially if you are wearing it with velvet elements. It's fun and bold and makes for some great ootds! BTW the black top is perfection!!

Velvet & Suede- When the colder months come around, I always like to have a few velvet and suede options in my closet. I think they are prefect for the Fall time, mainly because they are trendy but they also keep you warm too! Wearing one or both of these will definitely get peoples attention. My personal favorite is wearing a faux-suede skirt with a simple sweater and booties, it's a perfect put together look and very easy to style. I also love a pair of velvet booties, they are soooo fun and bold! 

Bucket Bag- I've been loving this style of bag, it's different but still practical. Personally, I don't own a bag like this, but may need to purchase one soon. It definitely changes up your look when you switch it out for the bag you use all the time! Every now and then, it is necessary to buy yourself a new handbag and switch it up!

Bold Boots- A trend on the rise are bold boots/booties. I love seeing metallic, suede, velvet, or leather boots paired with any look. It definitely spices up your outfit but more importantly, it gives your look a pop!! Adding different prints and patterns with them are also fun and different!

For more info on this Fall's fashion trends check out ELLE's breakdown of the hottest trends! I love this article, it gives some amazing ways on how to incorporate Fall trends into your wardrobe!! It's a must read!!!


Thanks & Hope You Enjoyed!!!!





Comments

Popular Posts