Instagram @lifestyleofadreamerblog

Teen Vogue X Parsons: Developing Fashion Marketing & PR Skills



I'm back with my fifth and final update on my Teen Vogue X Parsons fashion certification program. I have completed my last course and am currently waiting to receive my certification! 
In this course, Developing Fashion Marketing & PR Skills, I learned a lot. Again, this course was definitely in my realm of interest, just like the previous course. Here's my overview of the course:

Technology plays a huge role in today's society and that's great for the fashion industry! Having active and relevant social media platforms are a great way to connect with customers, this will help you understand the customer and the customer to better understand you! Maintaining your overall brand image may be a challenge, but social media can help in a great way! The course also teaches about a "brand story" which is super important for any brand in today's society, not just in the fashion industry. You'll also learn some key vocabulary terms essential to making it in the marketing and PR industry! Another thing I really loved about this course is it touches upon visual displays and how they work. I am very interested in the whole visual aspect of the fashion world, aka, visual displays. I wrote a blogpost all about Zara's visual displays, so check it out if you want to get my take on it! Retail displays are so important to know about (and there's also an assignment on it!) Another aspect of this course touches upon blog marketing. I thought this was a very beneficial part of this course for me. Finding advertisers that fit with your brand and have the same target market as you is a challenge in the blog-sphere. The assignments in this course consisted of: creating a packaging detail for a product you made in a previous course, reviewing a variety of window displays, online marketing, photography and how it plays a major role in marketing, creating a pitch video, as well as your final digital portfolio. 

With this being the final course, I thought I would reflect on my overall thoughts on the program and I am very happy with every aspect. Choosing to complete this course is going to be great for my resume and portfolio! I think it is important to do as much as you can to make both your resume and portfolio as great as it can be. This is a great thing to talk about in interviews because it shows that you put in more effort and that you care about developing your skills further! 

Hope You Enjoyed this Teen Vogue X Parsons series!! 
If anyone is interested in taking the course please use my discount code: GIOVANNA2 (you'll receive $50 off!!)
Check this out for more info: http://ssqt.co/m5cBxk2

Comments

Popular Posts