Instagram @lifestyleofadreamerblog

Event Planning: Grandparents' 50th Wedding Anniversary Brunch


I'm introducing a new topic on my blog; event planning. I have always had a love for planning events and coordinating fun events (something my mom and I share a love for!) I definitely think I would want to somehow incorporate this in my future career. Over the years, I have been a part of planning various events for my family and friends and I just can't get enough of it. That is why I thought I would start sharing some of the events I have been a part of planning. Hope you enjoy this new series! :) 
------------------------------------------
A few weeks ago, my family and I threw a celebratory brunch for my grandparents. They celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary! After they had a blessing of their vows at their church, our close family and friends joined us at my family's house for some yummy brunch. We had the brunch catered by a local Italian restaurant and they definitely delivered! 




We went with a gold colored theme, with gold being the color of the 50th wedding anniversary. We set up the food buffet style varying from mimosas, omelets, bacon, sausage, pastries, bagels, etc. Along with the food we scattered cute decor around the area. We found this cute flag sign, which was definitely a must to add to our theme. We also created a shadow box filled with pictures of my grandparents and a cute poem. I am all about pictures, so I HAD to develop some throwback pics from my grandparents' wedding 50 years ago. With those I took a frame and added strings across (similar to a clothes line) in order to pin and hang the pictures to it. 




These were the centerpieces! I think they came out so cute. I was in charge of these and am really proud of how they turned out. I took various styles of vases and incorporated a sunflower with various greens and babiesbreathe. Then, to make it more personal, I added some black and white pictures of my grandparents from their wedding and printed out signs that read "50th" and "1967" (the year they got married). I attached both the little signs and photos to wooden skewer sticks. Of course, a few people were able to take these home. 





These photos are just a few shots of the area located on the patio of my family's home where we set up all the tables, food, and decor. 



And of course, here's the cake. We ordered it from a local bakery and it was soooo yummy! All together, it was a great event. My grandparents had a blast, even though they said they didn't want us to do anything for them. This small event was definitely a success! A week after the event, we traveled to Aruba, where we continued to celebrate their anniversary. The reason we had a smaller, at home event versus a big event held at a restaurant was because my grandparents wanted a vacation with our family in place of a big party. 

Hope this posts helps you get ideas for your next event and of course, hope you all enjoyed! :) 

Comments

Popular Posts