Instagram @lifestyleofadreamerblog

Packing For: Aruba



Next week I will be traveling to Aruba and spending about a week there! I am so excited for this trip and thought I would share with you my packing process. I can admit I am not the lightest packer, but I need options and it is always best to be over prepared than underprepared. 


A few months ago, I started online shopping for things to bring on my trip. I always love to plan ahead so it was necessary that I start shopping asap! I purchased some cute dresses and island attire that would be perfect for my trip. Then, I like to keep all of the things I've collected over the months on my clothing rack. This is a super organized way to know what I have and what I still need. Being a fashionista, I always like to keep ideas in my head on what outfits I have and what I can wear different pieces with. 


Yesterday, I started to really set aside things that I am bringing with me. Since I have a little less than a week till I leave, I figured it gives me plenty of time to start now. First, I start with things like dresses and rompers. Then, I like to pick out which tops and shorts I want to bring. I always find it helpful to just throw everything on my bed and see what I can wear and pair together. I consider myself to be pretty organized. What is also helpful and a must for me is to determine what dressy looks I'll need and what casual looks I'll need while on my trip. And also, how many days and nights I will be there. But since I am so extra, I tend to bring a lot of additional outfit options just in case. 


Then comes bathing suits! Since I will be traveling to an all inclusive tropical island resort I most definitely NEED swimwear. I decided I am bringing 2 one piece bathing suits and 4 bikinis. Like I said, I need options. With my bathing suits I'll need a few coverups and such. So, I chose 2 sarongs and 2 cute coverups. I also found these really cute feet accessories to bring too! Not pictured are any kind of beach bags to keep all my beach necessities in. 


For some reason, when I travel, I am not big on bringing accessories. But I do like to have some with me so that I can accessorize with a few staple pieces. Sunglasses are a must for me, that's why I am bringing 3 options lol! I am obsessed with delicate chokers and they will go nicely with my summery dresses I am bringing along with me. Then I have a cute pair of statement earrings that are going to be perfect for a night out look. I also use a plastic earring holder to bring my everyday earrings with me, I have found that this is an easy way to store them for traveling. I am also bringing a body chain that will be super cute with my swimwear! And I love keeping everything organized so I have endless amounts of little cute traveling zip up pouches, like this one, that I can store my accessories, beauty and haircare products in. 


I decided that 4 pairs of sandals plus a pair of flip flops are necessary for my trip! Sandals are the way to go and they will all go well with the clothes that I am bringing. It is super important to pack very versatile things that can easily be worn with each other. 



I still need to pack all my beauty products and odds and ends but for now these are the bulk of the things that I wanted to share with you. Hope You Enjoyed! :) 

Comments

Popular Posts