Instagram @lifestyleofadreamerblog

Fall/Winter Trend Report


We are in the heart of the Fall/Winter season and with old and new trends coming and going, I thought I'd put together a trend report. I love doing things like this, it helps me express my creativity. There are tons of amazing looks I've seen through street style. Fall and Winter are great months for fashion. Layering and warmth are fun to play around with.


To start, let's talk outerwear. I love coats & jackets and all the different looks that can be created with them. The greatest thing about outerwear is that you can really make a statement. Pick a versatile piece and you will have a number of options. I've really been seeing a lot of the teddy bear coat, its such a cute piece to have and is a great piece to keep you warm. You can do so much with it. Then there's the classic longline coat. You can literally wear it with anything and is the perfect piece for layering. I've bought so many in different colors, and I get tons of use out of them. Another great coat to have is the puffer coat. The best part is that it is very comfortable and is a guarantee to keeping you nice and warm on those below freezing days. And of course, beanies are all the rage right now. They can make all the difference when dressing for the cold. You can stay warm and cute at the same time!


Here are a few ensembles that I've been liking and seeing a lot of. They look so put together and easy to wear. I love a suede jacket, especially for Fall. You can have fun with layering! Neutral looks are perfect for Fall and Winter too. Keeping your look structured with a little touch of relaxed and oversized is the key. A simple tucking in of the shirt or cuffing of the pants can make all the difference. I'm especially loving that last look, the oversized sweater and scarf combo screams comfort to me! 


Having solid bottoms are important for any look. Once you have staple bottoms, you can create tons of looks with their versatility. A simple black pant is key for any season and any look. But what has recently come into fashion is patchwork. I love the look of them and really spices up the simple look of denim. Anything frayed or distressed is a good option and adds just the finishing touch a simple outfit needs. 


Sweaters are obviously the number one choice for the colder months. Statement sleeves are a huge trend at the moment and are so fun to style. Soft and oversized sweaters are a must for getting through a cold winter. Its all about in the way you style them. If you have the right pieces in your closet, you will have endless outfit options. 

Comments

Popular Posts