Instagram @lifestyleofadreamerblog

Street Style: How To Wear The "Groutfit"

Over the past few years, the "Groutfit" has become a hit among the fashion community. If you don't know what the "Groutfit" is it is an all gray outfit- Gray Outfit = Groutfit! Now that Fall has arrived, I think we can all agree that it is acceptable to bring out our dull colored clothing. And what better way to wear them than in a monochromatic way. When achieving a "groutfit", the most important thing is to include various shades of gray. Here you'll find some fun ways to style your "Groutfits" this Fall!
Enjoy some of my favorites: 


The key to a perfect "groutfit" is layering. Having the proper pieces to layer is what is going to put your look over the top. Starting out with a gray jacket is best! I know I wear mine a ton throughout the Fall time. I love how this look is styled because it's simple. If you don't want to get too crazy with tons of different shades of gray, then wearing white pieces will help to break up the look just a bit. It will still come off as a "groutfit" if you wear a few white pieces of clothing. And of course, a great gray jean is a big staple to have in your closet. 


This is another great way to rock your "groutfit"! She went with a few darker shades of gray. This look also looks so great because of the layering. Underneath her sweater she added another top, which adds a little bit of fun to it! I also love the option of accessorizing with black leather, i.e. her boots and purse. This is the perfect way to wear a "groutfit" in a casual way. 


I am loving how this look is styled!! If you want a more sophisticated and professional way to wear a "groutfit", here it is! This look is so classy and put together. The blazer and pants look like they are very similar in shade, which is what makes this look so aesthetically pleasing. I really love her pants, they cropped look makes the outfit more fun but still keeps is professional. She went with a nude shoe, which definitely breaks up the look (and that metallic detailing!! omg love!) All in all, I really love not only the simplicity of it, but also the way it all flows so nicely together. 


So this "groutfit" is probably my favorite one! It's casual and looks so incredibly comfortable! Where do I begin, that skirt is such a cute piece to have. This would be a great transition piece from summer to fall! This is definitely a perfect Fall "groutfit". Styling the skirt with a textured sweater is so fun and a great way to break up the smoothness of the outfit. In my opinion, the scarf really completes the look. It's big and chunky, but not too much that it takes over the look. What's also interesting to me is that she chose to wear plain white sneakers with the look. The sneakers totally finish the look in a more casual, relaxed way. And can I just say, that bag is perfection! It compliments the look so well and I truly enjoy how well it adds to the "groutfit". 


So envious of this look! Everything from the OTS look to the length of the dress/skirt makes me so in love with the styling of this "groutfit". The look is rather simple, but seems complete, adding another element to this look would ruin its aesthetic. I also want to make a note of how I adore the bunchiness and oversized look of the top part of the look. Keeping it simple with the shoes and bag are also a must with an outfit like this one. What I also love about this look is that you can dress it up or dress it down. In this way, its worn more dressy with cute heels, but you could easily rock it with simple sneakers or flats. 


And lastly, the one and only, GIGI!!!! She never let's us down with her fashion. I so love this "groutfit". I am a huge fan of oversized looks, especially for Fall. She looks so comfortable but chic all at the same time. Those over-the-knee boots really bring the whole look together too. Effortless looks, like this one, are the perfect way to wear a "groutfit". You can easily throw on an oversized sweater dress and a pair of over-the-knee boots and you'll be good to go. She also wears her hair very casually and doesn't really wear many accessories, which I kind of like. I've always been the type to not overly accessorize. Most times, less is more!

Hope You Enjoyed these super chic "groutfits"! 

Comments

Popular Posts