Instagram @lifestyleofadreamerblog

Let's Talk Trends: Fall/Winter 2016


Every so often I like to reflect on the current trends. We are in the midst of Autumn, and there are many trends out there that I am obsessing over. Many of these trends will most definitely transition into winter. Keep on reading to see what trends I've been seeing a lot of:

I don't know about you but I am loving high necklines. They are such a great staple to have in your closet whether a top, sweater, dress, or anything in between! I think they are so flattering and look good with anything! I am particularly obsessing over the sweater dress with a high neckline/turtleneck. Paired with otk boots are particularly my fave combo! High necklines/Mock necklines look great when paired with any type of jacket! And they are so cozy and perfect for Fall/Winter!
Of course, no one can go wrong with a ripped/distressed jean! My point, they go with anything and everything! Period! Frankly, if you don't have at least three pairs, I don't trust you LOL!! I wear them all the time and they are a piece that you definitely want to invest in, in any color, wash, and style!!!
Fall Jackets, dear I say more, I am a hardcore jacket fan. No matter the style; bomber, moto, longline, or oversized, you know I have a collection in my closet! Basically a jacket is the first thing people will see on you. I walk around the city a lot to get from class to class, and investing in a variety of amazing jackets is super important to me! It is the statement piece of any look! I've mostly been seeing bomber jackets, in every single color as well as suede moto jackets. I am still debating whether I should invest in one. And don't forget about longline/oversized coats. Last year, they made quite a mark on the season, now we are seeing them paired with anything and everything!
I've also been loving any type of duster vest! I bought one at the beginning of the season and I have gotten lots of use out of it! I wear mine with high neck tops, my favorite, and a pair of high waisted jeans! Put together, I think it looks very modern and simple. 
Last Fall/Winter we also saw a lot of suede mini skirts. I am particularly fond of them! I have a cognac colored one and a dark green one and I love wearing them! Of course, you can wear them with high neckline tops/sweater and a pair of awesome booties or otk boots! Suede is a huge trend right now, it looks so modern and sophisticated and I am obsessed! 
And you can never go wrong with a denim jacket! Especially when worn oversized, you can pair it with anything and looks so chic! I need to buy a new one, more oversized and a medium wash!
Also on the rise, are blanket cardigans or capes. Whatever you call them, they are so comfy and perfect for Fall! I love how you can layer them with anything and basically you are wearing a blanket so why wouldn't you buy one lol!!! 
So let's talk boots! I've expressed to you that I am LIVING for over the knee boots, in my opinion, they are a Fall/Winter necessity! I wear mine with short skirts and dresses, because who doesn't love to get all dressed up! Plus, they are so easy to wear and style! I debated purchasing a pair, because I am rather short and thought they wouldn't look good on my not so long legs, however, they look great! 
I've also been seeing lots of over the ankle booties as well. While scouring the malls, I have really been loving the look of them. Last year, we were crushing on the ankle bootie (which is most definitely still a thing), but now everyone is loving over the ankle booties! They pair nicely with cute dresses/skirts and denim!
For bags, I've noticed a lot of people are sporting a large black bag. Honestly, you can never go wrong with it and it will never go out of style. It pairs we'll with any look and is perfect to carry all your things!
Lastly, I thought I would through in a beauty product that has been making quite a mark on the industry! Mauve lips! I don't know what it is, but this seems to be the perfect shade for Fall/Winter. Wear it on holidays or anyway, it screams PERFECTION to me!

Comments

Popular Posts